Friday, January 20, 2012

In Support of Tresa Honaker's Healing and Recovery UPDATED

One week ago, Tresa Honaker of AirAligned Aerial Dance Group (She is also a Kung Fu student at Body Balance Academy) took a 15 foot fall from the silks at rehearsal and broke her back and several ribs.  She's been through surgery for the spinal cord injury and will be moving to rehab in San Francisco.

UPDATE 1/30/12: Tresa has started a six-week rehab program in San Francisco. Read her reply in the comment below this post.

From her Facebook page:

In all honesty, the pain has been immeasurable. No words. Pain medications do what they can, but the rest is your body's response to trauma and you learn to trust it more allowing the pain to move through you rather than fighting it. At this point, it looks like my ribs are healing quickly, some problems that I've had with my lungs beginning to collapse are being resolved, my spine is healing from my surgery, and in a few days I should be ready to move to a rehabilitation center in San Francisco. Then I will begin to learn how to dance in a new way.

Thank you so much to everybody. A special thanks to Joe who hasn't left my side. Calls, questions and emails are all welcome.

If you would like to contribute to Tresa's Recovery Fund there are several ways to do so:

UPDATE: Tresa has a Fundrazr on Facebook that is easy to contribute to and share. It has a looooong link, so I made this tinyURL: http://tinyurl.com/7mrqb96  Please feel free to share it.

Through PayPal : benefittresa@gmail.com

Julie Lang for the Benefit of Tresa Honaker at Citizens Bank of Northern California, 305 Neal Street, Grass Valley, CA 95945. If you have any questions for the bank directly to make sure your donation gets to the right account, their number is 530-478-6000.

Please "Like" AirAligned aerial dance group on Facebook to stay current with Tresa's healing process.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for thinking of me and sending healing light my way. I've now moved to SF. Current x-rays show that I have no restrictions in my back around my surgery site... so they have put me to work big time!!! My injury has been classify as a Asia A, which means it's considered complete or permanent. I am very accepting of that news as for now I need to learn to live in the present. I envision some way to continue Kung Fu from my wheel chair and who knows... someday I may regain some lower body power. I realize that I may not be able to come to Body Balances as I now would need a wheel chair to access, but I look forward to seeing you all again and finding a way to coninue my study of Kung Fu as it was meaning so much to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "My injury has been classify as a Asia A"
    -- hey sis, you write like Milly!!!
    she hasn't met you yet, but cried and 'prize' for you!

    we love you..

    i'm going to ask the class to think of you when we kneel in class for the next month.
    GAMBATI

    http://www.karatecenterjupiter.com/index.htm

    ReplyDelete