Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A new way to transmit chi--stream it!

Shih Fu Catherine here...First, xie xie to Tina Heck for tackling the technology to get this blog going. I love the name "Streaming Chi" for more than a few reasons--I imagine sending chi online to all our students and colleagues--a new way to transmit chi!

This forum is open to anyone at Body Balance. I and Tina, Summer, and Shih Fu Eileen will be able to post. Students will be able to comment. Let's explore our ideas and discoveries as we practice Tai Chi and Qi Gong. Use it between classes as a way to connect with the wonderful spirit of our community. The plan is for Lotus Scholars to share writings here, the same way we do at Promotion Ceremonies and Performance Events.

Allow me to start off by sharing my recent poem "Use." It has received a warm response. Xie xie for letting me know that this work has touched something in you that has stirred up your thoughts about the concepts of emptiness/fullness. In my quest for understanding, this poem simply came to me and I wrote it down to share with you. Sometimes all that is needed is to prepare the ground and plant the seed. I welcome your comments about these ideas.

Use 
(Oct 5, 2010)

It is not so useful
to think about whether
the glass is half empty or half full.

Each vessel
in and of itself
is valuable
by virtue
of simply being a container
of potential.

Imagine your life
a handmade clay bowl,
hardened by fire,
glazed with experience,
set upon the table of this world.

Run your tongue around the rim.
Embrace the emptiness
that already fills you
to the brim;
overflowing
in its constant usefulness.

No comments:

Post a Comment